Thursday, March 26, 2015

Being a music lover

Being a music lover taught me the importance of music in every day life.Every single one of us, has had a memento in which music has  complemented us . Music is so important in our lives that we even use it to commemorate important event; birthdays, parties,weddings, baptisms,  graduations;and we even use it for sad events too:
funerals,to say good-bye,when we are   heartbroken etc .We listen to music everywhere we are:at the mall, at school, at the shower, at the elevator.Our mood does not matter; music is always there when  we feel  upset,gay, heartbroken, nostalgic, emotional etc.When we do not have music at this events we feel the lack of emotions, excitement,inspiration, etc.Music is vital for our life, it complements life,so without music life cannot be thorough.To transmit my message to all  ages, I selected distinct text genres: very short story, drawing,  tweet,  picture, and a recipe. If I accomplish my goal of communicating my message to all ages, more people will understand the importance of music and how it complements life.

The first textual genre I chose is a very short story.A very short story is a short text that talks about a topic,so it goes straight to the main argument of my message. Because my intended audience is children, ages 5 to 11, years old  I made a mini tale.I wanted to communicate a very important message in a simple way, so that children can enjoy and understand the reading, too.Also, since my reading is short and has adjusted vocabulary for children, they are more likely to understand the message.My very short story works because this type of genre appeals to kids. This fiction will capture their imagination.

My second genre is a drawing.This drawing is a dandelion that, along with the leaf it has music notes flying away.My expected audience for this drawing is adults from ages 18 and over because I believe adults are more likely to understand the implicit message on this drawing.Through this drawing,I  tried to appeal to the feelings of adults, by drawing a soft form representing music as a calm element, trying to make them feel relaxed when looking at the drawing.My drawing works because adults know how to admire the nature of things in a simplest form.It also functions, because it contains a caption that describes the meaning of the drawing in an indirect way.Life without music is not real life.

The third element I used is a tweet. A tweet is a writing that is posted in a tweeter account. I picked this genre because it is easy to understand, and it is common for my  audience. My predicted audience is teenagers, from 13 to 19- years old. I accommodated my message about the importance of music so that teens can comprehend the message easier by broadcasting it through a social media that they are attached to.I tweet is appropriate for my audience because teenagers use tweeter very frequently, on a daily basis.I also kept my caption short and catchy social that adolescents actually read the text.In addition, I used a picture to call their attention to and appeal to their feelings by looking at a teenager happy with a very specific caption.

The forth type of genre I chose is a picture.This is a picture of myself with my guitar signed by my favorite musicians. Through this picture,I want to  highlight the value of music in my life by showing myself happy with a  in a simple and straightforward caption;music makes me see the beauty of life. My contemplated audience is ages from 5 and up.I believe this picture works with all ages because  it is very explicit and I am confident all public from ages 5 and up will appreciate my message through my picture.Also, my picture works because since it is a picture, my audience does not need to use any electronic devices nor to have an account in a social media website.This makes my genre more accessible for all ages to be see. In addition, the text included underneath the picture will help the audience understand the meaning; plus, images are more attractive for people’s attention and my text is short and understandable.My picture calls attention and the text is simple, it will engage distinct audiences.
My fifth and last genre is a recipe.A recipe is a set of instructions which guides you in the process of making a certain dish.In this case, I used a recipe to communicate my message about the importance of music in our lives and how it helps us to be complete.In my recipe, the participant or the “chef” will be following the instructions of how to make the dish for “real life”. I decide to used this genre because I think a recipe will address my message more appropriately to my visualized audience. My planned audience is adults from 25 to 55- years-old. Because  people at this age, tend to cook more often than those at  certain ages they can be more touched for my message.I adjusted my vocabulary and ingredients so that my audience would have an appeals experience by reading my recipe. My recipe meets my objective of advocacy, because it appeals to my audience senses of humor.I appeal to my audience sense of humor by adding unusual ingredients my ingredients are: feelings, emotions, friends,heart broken etc.Using this method, I believe my audience will be more engaged and will understand my message by following the process of my recipe.

Music is a vital and a very powerful element that complements life.Through the use of distinct genres:texts,pictures,and drawings,tweets, and recipe,I advocated to different audiences the importance of music. I communicated my message explicitly and implicitly ,which I am pretty sure makes my message more understandable for different intended audiences. I informed my audience about the influence of music in  daily life. If a person do not have music in his/her life, his/her life won’t have  true meaning,without music life is not enjoyable at all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment